TREATMENT OF PRIVATE INFORMATION
Provided Private Information and Its Use Where a customer is to provide the Company with private information, the purposes for which that information is to be used shall be designated in advance and the Company shall not use that information for any other purpose. Where the Company deems it is necessary to use a customer's private information for a purpose other than the purpose designated at the time the private information was initially provided, the Company shall prior to any such use notify the customer of the desired use purpose and where the customer does not consent to use for that purpose, the customer based upon its own determination may refuse use. Disclosure or Provision of Private Information to a Third Party Private information provided by a customer shall as a general rule not be disclosed or provided to a third party with the exception of where a circumstance set forth in this paragraph applies.
(1) Where there is the consent of the customer.
(2) Where it is necessary to prevent loss of human life, injury or damage to property and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent.
(3) Where private information is disclosed to a commissioned party within the use purposes designated by the customer.
(4) Where information is disclosed to financial institutions to the extent necessary to allow credit card processing for payments for goods and services.
(5) Where disclosure of private information is legally required by judicial order or application of law, regulations or ordinances.
(6) Where there is an assignment of operations for reasons including but not limited to mergers, company split-offs or assignment of business.
The Company's Website "Dreams Inc"
(3)The Company does not accept any responsibility for guaranteeing the security of customers' private information in respect of websites that are accessed through links posted on the Company's website.
(4)Customers' private information is protected by SSL encryption. Please note that where an SSL non-compatible browser is used or Firewall or other similar protection devices are installed, some pages may not be accessible from within that customer's interoffice network. Additional Items
(5)There is no requirement that a customer disclose to the Company private information where based upon the customer's own determination it is decided not to do so. However there are cases where the Company is unable to provide certain services for which the disclosure of private information is indispensable.
(6)For customers under 16 years of age, private information should only be provided with the consent of a legal guardian. (Elementary and junior high school students should discuss this in detail with their father, mother or other responsible adult.)
(7)The Company may amend this policy or its in-house regulations for the purpose of providing greater protection of private information or in accordance with changes to applicable laws and regulations.